Well hello lovelies! =) Hope your weekend was FANTABULOUS…. << thats one of my most favorite made up words… its fantastic + fabulous
Mine consisted of working out, the beach, working a little and coming up with new recipes <3
Anyway, I was browsing Instagram a few nights ago looking at some #FOODPORN…
*which is actually a REALLY bad idea because anytime I lay in bed and look at food at 11pm it makes me want to snack, so I try to avoid this when I stumbled across a turkey casserole dish. I totally forgot to double tap (like that ish) and screen shot it so I could do it.
So I decided to just wing it. A casserole can’t be THAT hard. And it wasn’t! SCORE.
What You Need:
- Lean ground turkey
- Shredded Fiesta Blend Cheese
- Taco seasoning
- Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy seasoning
- Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 onion
- 1 can of corn
- 2 cans of black beans
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 diced fresh jalapeño
- minced garlic
- 2tbsp olive oil
- avocado for topping
- sour cream and salsa optional (and so good with it)
- Dice up onion, jalapeño and garlic. Sautee with olive oil on low heat.
- Prepare/cook quinoa if not done yet before doing the next step (the quinoa and turkey will finish at the same time)
- In a bowl, empty the ground turkey and add spices — mix well and add 2tbsp of olive oil
- Ground up turkey in the pan and cook through
- While turkey is cooking, check quinoa (it should only take about 15 mins to cook both)
- Drain beans and corn, and empty into a casserole dish
- Add the cooked quinoa and cooked turkey into the casserole dish and mix well with the beans and corn.
- Add the shredded cheese and either mix in or leave on top
- Place casserole dish in oven and cook for 10 minutes
- Let cool, add avocado and enjoy!